Monday, August 24, 2009

Before & After: The Front Door

I may have mentioned on this blog that I have a bit of a brown thumb. Things die around me. I mean, not PEOPLE or anything that dramatic. But plants, flowers and the occassional vegetable. (although my tomatoes continue to flourish in spite of me)

Exhibit A - the potted flowers Mr. P's mom helped me pick out to brighten the front door:

Photobucket

Pretty right? Well not after I got done with them:

Photobucket

Nice work, Mrs. P. Anywho, my little sister was in town this weekend and she kicked my butt into high gear and encouraged me to try again. (and by "encourage" I mean laughed at my inability to grow things and said my doorstep looked like something you'd seen in a crack den...ah, sisterly love) And try again we did!

Photobucket

A new light and some house numbers and it looks downright cheerful! No crack sold here, no siree Bob!

Photobucket

Now let's see how long I keep these bad boys alive. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ThisOldHouse.com