Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dining out in Omaha...

Signs you've found a good Thai restaurant:

1. The name includes the words "Thai" or "Bangkok." Here in town we have Thai Pepper, Thai Spice, etc. And then there's one called Noodles & Company. If you were craving Thai food and didn't know any better would YOU choose Noodles & Company over Thai Spice? I think I've made my point.

2. They ask you how spicy you want your food, the insinuation being "Hey white lady, no way you can handle this dish as it's meant to be prepared. Save yourself." And I appreciate that - because I like spicy, but not Thai spicy.

3. You can hear diners around you combating runny noses. No it's not a bizarre form of Asian Bird Flu...it's the spices. Gets me every time.

4. It looks like this from the outside:

Photobucket

Bangkok & Cuisine (yes there is an "&" in there...no I don't get it either) on 19th & Farnam is fantastic. The food was fresh and delicious, and the service, while a bit slow, was friendly and helpful. My one complaint - no beer. I love a cold Singha when I'm launching an assault on my taste buds with some spicy Pad Prik Khing. But Sprite would have to do.

Still, so worth a visit if you're ever in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ThisOldHouse.com