Friday, May 29, 2009

Give us your advice: Curb Appeal

Hello friends! Mr. P and I need your help - we've been working dilligently on the interior of the house and I'm afraid we're neglecting the exterior a bit. Let's face it, ranch style homes aren't exactly "charming" in the way a craftsman or colonial are, but they do have character. In the case of our home we'd like to try and up the charm factor a smidge.

Here are pictures snapped this morning. I did paint the wrought iron posts white - they used to be the same brown as the garage door and the trim. Also, we plan on replacing the garage door with a white one and I'm hoping my mother-in-law will help me weed and mulch a bit. Oh, and we also need some tree trimming. Our birch trees are looking shaggy!

But any other thoughts on how to up this house's curb appeal? Let us have it! We love constructive criticism.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I thought I posted but NOT!!! My thoughts are get rid of the flat shrubs in front. Too many lines. Roof, Shrubs.... Make it soft. Is the house facing the sun in the PM? Use plants that give in return. Food or flowers. Naturalize. Don't move the peony unless you want to loose it. They don't like being messed with. It is too beautiful to risk. Is the tree(close to the front) really a shrub that has been pruned as it grows?

    ReplyDelete

From ThisOldHouse.com