Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Paint does wonders…

A little paint goes a long way. Our guest bathroom features a yellow toilet, tub and sink with gray tile. Okay so the sink is sort of cool actually. Check it out:


Photobucket


It's like something out of the Jetson's, no?

To make matters worse the previous owner painted the walls yellow. That’s a LOT of yellow. It’s an assault on the eyes and is a little too reminiscent for my taste of what you PRODUCE in a bathroom. (if you catch my drift...and I think you do.)


Photobucket


$20 worth of paint, a new shower curtain from Bed Bath & Beyond and some old school Nebraska football posters courtesy of my friend Emma and we have ourselves a fun looking bathroom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And listen, no one wants to gut that space and start over more than I do. But we have 2 1/2 bathrooms that all need updating and quite frankly, our guests are just going to have to wait!

Sure, it’s not perfect but it’s sort of fun and I'm no longer completely embarrassed to have anyone use it. Definitely not final but it’s good enough for government work!

1 comment:

From ThisOldHouse.com