Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our house is a very very very fine house…

SOLD!

We did it! We’re home owners! In Nebraska!

Oh my god I live in Nebraska. It feels weird to say it (or type it) out loud. WE OWN REAL ESTATE IN NEBRASKA...and it's GLORIOUS!

Looking for a house to buy is a lot of fun – you get to snoop in people’s closets and make fun of people's tacky design sense, guess how many dogs they own, etc. But once you find a house you love, well that’s when the fun really starts. Between the offers and counteroffers, inspections, haggling over who is going to pick up the tab for the new roof/missing smoke detectors/toxic radon gas seeping from the basement (not kidding…if I start growing a third eye or chest hair, I’m suing) it’s an emotional roller coaster that I’m not looking forward to repeating any time soon.

But it really is so worth it! (though I'm sure we'll miss lugging heavy laundry baskets down to the dark and dingy communal washers in our seedy West Hollywood apartment building...or not.)

sad

Thankfully we had the world’s best realtor. If you ever find yourself looking for homes in Omaha (and never say never…I didn’t think I would be either) call Angie Podoll at CBS Home. (http://angiepodoll.cbshome.com/) She steered us through all the potential pitfalls and really went to bat for us several times. And she also put up with our incessant whining, 10 phone calls a day and dumb questions about water pressure and carpet. (I would’ve smacked us)

BUT WE LOVE OUR HOUSE! It’s a 1950s ranch style house with three bedrooms, 2.5 baths. It needs work…and we'll document all the ups and downs, highs and lows and near-death experiences here.

Photobucket

Stayed tuned and wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ThisOldHouse.com