Thursday, June 11, 2009

Let's check on the garden, shall we?

Remember what it looked like when we started?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well check out these babies now!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And check out my blueberries! I think soon we'll have enough for one TINY BOWL of cereal!

Photobucket

And yesterday Mr. P - who in a past life was apparently part of the Swiss Family Robinson - built some tomato trellises (trellis? trelli?) out of tree branches:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not bad, huh? Now if he could only build me a chaise lounge and dining chairs I'd be all set!

In the meantime we're attempting to pump up our veggies with plant steroids:



I'm not sure how these tiny balls (that resemble green NERD candies) work but I'm told it'll help our tomatoes grow nice and big. (and I like this option better than the idea of composting rotting fruit, grass and dog poop and using it as fertilizer - I'm all for sustainability but I draw the line and PURPOSELY putting dog poop on the tomatoes that I will later EAT.)

Photobucket

Plus I'm not much of a sportsman and I lack patience so I love the idea of giving our tomatoes an unfair advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From ThisOldHouse.com